Monday, August 18, 2008

Skyler starts kindergarten

Well, the day I have been dreading for 5 1/2 years is finally here. I am sure its only the first of many milestones, but it starts with this one. Skyler was excited this morning with "Mommy, when do we go to school?" being the first thing out of her mouth. We got dressed, relaxed with oatmeal and a TV show, then it was time for a picture before we loaded in the car.
When we pulled in she was all smiles, and we made our way to her classroom. I got a little teary eyed, and noticed a few other parents as well. Some lingered longer, but I knew I needed to leave eventually so I decided on one more picture.
I went in, gave her a kiss, and asked if she was nervous or excited. She said excited, but the apprehension was on her face. I snapped a picture of her before waving bye and leaving, it was easy with her being in the first chair by the door. I went out in the hall and talked to Ryun, thinking, "I did it! I didn't loose it!" THEN.......I saw my friend Lisa, who had just dropped her daughter off for the first time at school.......and out came the tears! After a minute I had calmed down, and was ok. We went and had donuts and OJ at the "Boo-Hoo Breakfast", then we left. I have thought about her all day today, when she was having lunch (complete with "I Love you Skyler, Mommy" napkin), quiet time, playtime, and now as she rounds out the last hour of her day. She will get on a bus and I will be picking her up at 4:02, just around the corner. Then it will be dinner out at Friendly's, as per family tradition.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 3:00 PM , Blogger Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

What a big girl! She looks so cute.

If it makes you feel any better, I balled like a baby the whole first day I left Morgan. And that was for 4 hours, 1 day a week and she was in 2nd grade!!
I know, it's pitiful.
I think that is just what a mom does (especially with the first kid).

 
At 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

zzzzzz

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home