Sunday, August 26, 2007

Welcome to Kentucky!

We got on the road Saturday morning and headed out to a KOA campground just North of Atlanta. Skyler was excited to sleep on the top bunk in the cabin, and as a nice downpour and breeze came around after dinner, it put the kids right to sleep. The next morning we were off to Kentucky! I could not wait to see my family, especially my cousin Melinda, whom I have been emailing for years and become very close to. Our kids are very close in age and they had never met, which we were determined to remedy. I was excited for another reason, we were going to the U.S. 127 "World's longest yard sale"! We had discussed it several times, and made one previous attempt to attend together, but this time, it was really happening! I kept waiting for some glitch in our plans that would not allow us to make it. I just couldn't believe we were finally on our way to reunite with Melinda and her family and spend a day shopping yard sales as well! I had as much , if not more, anticipation as the kids.


Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home