Saturday, August 25, 2007

127 Sale Day!

Thursday and Friday were a blur of sweat, bargains, and bliss! Melinda and I went out for the entire day as we went from sale to sale hunting for special things. Melinda found some old dolls to complete a collection, and I honed into some vintage tins and kitchen tools. We had been dreaming of this day for years, and for several months we new it would soon be a reality, and here we were, in "junque" heaven! We also took time with our husbands one evening to go to the Old Kentucky Fudge Shop on Main St. which used to be the old drug store my dad went to for sodas and ice cream. We then strolled down the street of this quaint old town, taking in the history this place had for my dad, and his youth. I envisioned him driving down the street with friends, and pictured my Grandma as a young mom going into the department store for a fashionable new dress and hat. Even now it evoked a much simpler and slower paced life. It made me wonder if we had been jipped by moving to a city with malls and beaches just around the corner.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home